Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2011

A project from my stash of vintage doilies

I went over to visit my dear blogger friend Kathryn at Writers Reverie
and from there found a new to me blog called Creative Carmelina
I was so inspired by Carmelina's Lace page,
 I got into my doily and lace stash and here's what I made.

I love all my doilies gathered together in a heap,the creative juices really start to flow.




Of cause I had to get out my decoupage papers too.

  I have kept this Victorian Calender since 1994
I originally bought it to cut up, but as you can see,I couldn't bare to put the scissors to it.
Today was no different, it went back to it's shelf in one piece.


These are the ones I did cut,because that's what they were meant for.


Another look at my effort, I had to take two photo's as I couldn't believe how nice it was,ha hum.



                                                Then while I was on a roll, I created this one.

                                                                  I love it in the bedroom.




Who didn't like the story of Cinderella when they were children?  Didn't we all dream of one day meeting our Prince Charming?

Well I found this page from a calender,and a friend copied it onto silk for me. 
 Then I embroidered it. 

I think most of us did end up with our Prince Charming.
 I would like to think you did,anyway,I certainly did.

It's Show off your Cottage Monday today,at House in The Roses

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw how quaint

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so pretty--now I want to do a doily project too! Thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

Oh what a pretty project this turned out to be! Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)