Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Our Garden in Autumn


 With the weather being so unusually warm for this time of year, Autumn,the garden and birdlife is confused.
The leaves on the trees are not turning to gold and falling.
The birds are still coming into the garden to drink and bathe in the cool water of the birdbath.  I fill this from our rainwater tank. I'm sure the birds appreciate water without fluoride.



 This lovely black an white bird which I have forgotten the name,( It's like a small Magpie)comes here every day with its mate.
She is sitting in the Asian Bell tree drying off after her bath.  Her mate is still in the bath.








 I had to take these photo's through the glass,so as not to scare them away. 


One in the bath and the other drying off.




 The trees and flowers are still blooming.  This Tree Burgonia,never stops,along with the one on the opposite side of this part of the garden.


I am sorry about the  quality of this picture, I took it through the glass of the sun room, so that I didn't frighten the birds.



 I love statues in the garden,but having such a small space have to limit to a few.






 The Arbour in the background has supplied us with green beans for the whole of summer and still giving us a few each day.



 You can see sweet peas starting to climb up towards the purple pot below. It's so early for these to come up. Very strange behaviour.



 The  white Hibiscus is taking over from the other four. along the back fence.


He is waiting patiently for his mate to dry off and join him


I hope you all had a lovely weekend 
x jeanetteann



I will be joining the following parties this week

A Delightsome Life
House in the Roses
How Sweet the Sound
My Romantic Home
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
The Delectable Home 
Lily Rose Cottage

22 comments:

Susan said...

Oh MY Jeanette: What a perfectly charming garden. Oh, how I loved the mosaic birdbath. Did you make that? And the charming statues? Ohhhhh, loved seeing it. Thanks for sharing. Where do you pick up your statuary? Here, it's soooo expensive. Susan

Shabby chic Sandy said...

It is so weird to me that you are going into fall and we are starting spring tomorrow..seems so weird living in the same world, weather and everything can be so different. That bird is so cute--you got some beautiful pictures. Your gardens look beautiful.

Karen said...

Your garden looks lovely! I always fill my birdbaths (I have 3 around the garden), there is always birds drinking or bathing in them. The bird is a Pewee...I get them in my yard too, one used to follow me when I was mowing maybe getting the bugs that I distrubed.

Gina said...

What beautiful blooms you are enjoying! I can't wait to see something colorful around here. Enjoy!

Mariettes Back to Basics said...

Dearest Jeanetteann,

You have a lovely garden with fun visitors to observe!
Mother nature can be oh so cruel at times. Bless all the people that are living through rough times.
Have a great week and thanks for your visit. Love,

Mariette

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Your garden looks great! Happy Autumn!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Your garden is gorgeous. Love all of your blooms and plants. You've captured a gorgeous snap of that little bird.
Thank you for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sonia said...

Your garden and photos are gorgeous!! Love the variety of bloomers in your garden! The bird bath is beautiful along with it's little visitor! The climbing hibiscus is wonderful! Loved my visit!
Miss Bloomers

chateau chic said...

Hi Jeanetteann, What a beautiful garden you have to enjoy! It's so fun to watch birds and you captured some great photos.
Thanks for stopping by,
Mary Alice

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Hi Jeanette:) Me again. Can you share with me how you put that "it is okay to pin my pictures" thing on your blog? I wish more people would do that so we could know if people mind or not.

Bridget said...

Oh your garden looks so pretty with the lovely flowers & statues, here in Melbourne there's not much colour right now. the little birds are so sweet using the bird bath also :)

betty-NZ said...

How lucky you are with your warm weather! We have been very autumn-like for a few weeks now here in NZ. Your bird friend is just magnificent and your flowers are just gorgeous.

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Jeanetteann,
Your garden is beautiful.Love the bird photos.I have a tree begonia and there is always flowers on it. I even found a flower on my christmas bush the other day....weird..
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Trish said...

What wonderful photos of the Pee Wees!
You have such a pretty garden..no wonder they enjoyed a little recreation there!
My white Hibiscus is flowering now too.
It's nice to see some colour still around isn't it?!
Our trees are getting blown around here and will soon be bare of their autumn leaves.
The next major colour we'll see is WHITE :-)
Do you get any snow where you are in SA?
Thanks for sharing your lovely garden with us , Jeanetteann.
God bless you...Trish

Desire Empire said...

HOw lovely is your garden. No wonder the birds stayed so long.
Carolyn

Savannah Granny said...

Jeanetteann, Your garden is beautiful. I love that little black and white bird. He seems to made himself a home in your garden.
Your photos are great, so clear and colorful. I am thinking you must live in the lower hemisphere.
Thanks for following. I am now following you.
Have a blessed weekend, Ginger

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Your garden is looking great, I love Spring and getting plants and gardens ready. Trellis looks good. Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

Ruby Jean said...

Oh your garden is so Lovely. I could sit there for hours with a cup of tea and a good book.. ;)

Zinnia said...

Wonderful garden! Nice to see the bird! Incredibly large begonia! In Sweden, I Begonia maculata picta as a pot plant. I wish you a wonderful weekend! Zinni

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanetteann! What a beautiful garden you have been enjoying! How strange, though, to my North American eyes to see a summer garden in full bloom and you talking about the approach of Autumn. We're all abuzz with the entrance of Spring here and an early one at that - everything is blooming a month early due to a mild winter! Loving it! Love your birds - how wonderfully large - and different from our sparrows.

Joy!
Kathy

Karen said...

Hi Jeanettean,you have a beautiful garden. That little bird is so pretty, and so is that mosaic birdbath.Thanks so much for visiting me.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous garden! I would sit at the window gazing at those birds and flowers for hours on end. Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy