Translate

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tea for one and Sunday lunch for four


Sometimes it's nice to just set a tray and sit quietly enjoying peace and quiet.
Today I did just that, I played all day with dishes and ended up cleaning out numerous drawers.
I even organized my winter jumpers.  They were scattered in different places during Summer. 
Now they are all in one spot,freshly folded ready for Winter.


Now back to my tea tray. I am sipping on cinnamon and orange tea
made in my lovely little Sadler teapot.



The tray cloth and napkin was a thrift find many years ago,and just washes up as good as new each time it gets used, which is often. The napkin slides into the large flower on the left.


One of my most favourite china teacups


Friends are coming for lunch on Sunday
I wanted to include pink for Pink Saturday with Beverly,as I haven't visited for a while.
I made the napkin holders and pink napkins


I wanted to use a mix of china,and because it had a silver border,
I wanted some silver chargers.
I couldn't find any anywhere,so I purchased 4 white plastic one's with green flowers around the edge.
I just sprayed them silver. I think they look quite nice.




I am using my late mothers Noritake  set.  My brother bought it back from Vietnam in the 60's when he served in the Australian army there. I think it is so pretty.


Depression glass rose bowl
and pink French white wine glasses


I have teamed some of my Bridal dinner set to compliment the Noritake,as it didn't come with bowls or bread and butter plates
I am constantly on the look out for more pieces in this pattern.


I managed to find the salt and pepper shakers in Vinnies for $4


Pink depression glass candle holders


Thrift find vegetable dish



We all drink tea rather than coffee after lunch
We are having English Breakfast tea with cheese and fruit


I love the little fruit plates I found while on a recent hunt





xx jeanetteann

I am joining Cielo at House in the Roses for Show off your Cottage Monday
Beverly for Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Trish's Lace Wednesday at Lily-Rose-Cottage
 Antiques and Teacups Tuesday cup a tea
Vintage Thingie Thursday at Colorado Lady
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
French Country Cottage for feathered nest Friday
The Thrifty Groove Thrift Things Friday
Table top Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life
Tea Rose Home
Knick of Time

34 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love gray and pink together.

Thank you for your kind comments. You are such a blessing to me.

I will be having a Mother's Day giveaway this next Friday with glimpses of whats up for grabs all this week. :)

Antiques And Teacups said...

A lovely teable. I always think pink & grey complement each other beautifully. Haven't seen that Tetley tea before...went on the list! I love your china and I think the tablecloth with napkin pockets is a wonderful find! Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea! Have a great week!
Ruth

theromanticrose said...

Che meraviglia!A cominciare dall'angolino delizioso della colazione con le bellissime tazze e tovagliette!La tavola del pranzo e รจ curata nei minimi dettagli romanticissima ed elegantissima!Sei stata molto brava!Buona settimana!Rosetta

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love all the pink! That teacup you mentioned is one of your favorites would be mine too--it is beautiful! Such a pretty post:)

chateau chic said...

Jeanetteann, your table setting and tea for one china are so pretty. Tea tastes so much better in a lovely china teacup!
Mary Alice

highheeledlife said...

From your teacup setting to the your luncheon everything is so lovely! I love the history of your setting, and the wonderful memories of sitting and enjoying a fabulous meal with family, that must be attached to it. Thank you for sharing ..xo HHL

Anonymous said...

What a pretty tea setting! Love your pink tea cup and those little linenes.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your pinks are so sweet! I love that teacup with the soft pink interior too.The button napkin rings are a clever detail. Lovely table!

Beth said...

Your tea cups are really lovely and I absolutely adore your header mosaic with so many beautiful flowers!
Beth

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

So very pretty and feminine. The very first photo has a painting I'm particularly fond on...I have it in my bedroom!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful collection of china. Kylie

Renee said...

Beautiful china

Anonymous said...

Jeanetteann,Your tea pot and tea cup is very pretty. I think it's nice to have a quiet time with a cup of tea too. Those dishes are lovely.
Pat

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What sweet china. Anything with a rose has my vote!! Lovely!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely!
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Gray and pink are so elegant together and yours is truly lovely! A quiet time with tea is something I enjoy quite often. Thank you joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ana said...

Hi Jeanetteann,
What a lovely tea set and tablescape. I bet your lunch guests had a wonderful time and felt very special with such a beautiful setting. Love the combination of silver and pink. Great job. Happy May.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Laura said...

The table looks so pretty! I love the tea for one china.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Beautiful! I love your Mom's dishes, and your fruit plate finds. Your setting is beautifu1! Visiting from Share your cup Thurs.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a pretty tea for one. It is so relaxing to sit with a pot of tea and slow down for awhile. Your table set for your guests look lovely. Everything goes so well together. My husband while he was in Viet Nam sent me a set of white china with silver edging. It must have been the thing to do back then!
Have a good week,
Nancy

Geneva said...

Everything looks so romantic... I can only imagine how wonderful it is in person!
Blessings!
Geneva

cgammeter said...

Hi Jenaetteann: I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GFC friend. I would love it if you stop by and be mine, too.
You have some gorgeous tea sets. I'm so jealous. I collected once, lost them by leaving them with one of my children, "it's only stuff" she said. I have 1 McCoy, now. Anyways, we do dress-up tea parties every time I visit my grandchildren. Thank you for sharing...

Little Susie Home Maker said...

What a pleasure it is to look at your table scape. It is soft and romantic looking. The cool colors are so calming.
Thanks for sharing it with us!
Blessings,
Susie
via share you cup

Susan said...

Hello Jeanetteann! Ohhhh, pretty, pretty, pretty! Loved your tablesetting, especially all the pinks.

Thanks for your visits to my blog and for your comments, too. Lovely to have you stop by. Susan

Jocelyn said...

Wow I do love the pink and gray. Very pretty.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Special 'K' said...

Seriously love your china. Adore those colours of pink and grey, so elegant. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Tisha Clapp said...

Wow, if I'm having tea by myself it would not be so fancy, but that looks so relaxing - maybe I need to pamper myself sometime. You have such beautiful collections! I love the Nosegay pattern. Thanks for linking up.

The Tablescaper said...

Such beautiful images.

- The Tablescaper

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful table you've set! I'm in love with your Pink depression glass candle holders. So pretty.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

My Pink, have a great weekend!

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

What a gorgeous table setting. Happy Pink Saturday!
Lisa

Nancy said...

What a lovely post, Jeanetteann. Your china is beautiful. I have several Sadler teapots for sale n my shop. They are so pretty.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Jeanetteann,

That is a lovely table setting! Compliments to your brother for belonging to those that served and that therefore know about discipline.
This day was my husband's birthday, that's why I went back in time to read this post too.
Love to you,

Mariette

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Such a lovely table with the pink and gray. Your tea tray is beautiful too, very pretty pieces you have.